[3830] TBDC N3BB Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 31 14:43:23 EST 2017

Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: stx
Operating Time (hrs): 6+

Total:  QSOs = 308  Total Score = 1,413

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Never heard a JA. Farthest distance was to OK, S5, and 9A. Europe signals were
very weak and lots of repeats on both ends.

My first semi-serious Stew with a shunt-fed tower and two elevated radials over
nearly pure limestone on a hilltop and a SAL30 receiving array down the hill
near a creek bottom  with real dirt. The equipment seemed to work fine, but the
opening to EU seemed really difficult and poor to me. I went back to bed an hour
before sunrise, but not sure it would have made much difference to JA/Asia.

Thanks to all for the contacts and activity.

Jim N3BB

      Continent List  Continents

                   160
                   ---