[3830] TBDC W4PK Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 31 16:39:48 EST 2017

Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 1:27

Total:  QSOs = 66  Total Score = 208

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

First time I ever participated in this contest.  New year's weekends have always
been filled with conflicts and this year was no exception as my wife and I
hosted a dinner party Saturday evening.

I listened Saturday morning at the start of the contest and heard a few stations
but I only managed to work one in EN71.  I called several others but they just
kept on CQing. The band went completely quiet after that.

The rest of my contacts were made Sunday morning before I had to leave for
church.  All search & pounce, and I could hear better than I was being heard
as several out-west stations had difficulty copying me.  But I was using a 1000'
Beverage to the west!

I fat-fingered a few of the grids and I do apologize to those stations who had
experienced my "AGN" requests.  Otherwise I had fun for the short time
that I was able to participate.  Next year I will try to at least keep Saturday
evening free!

73, Sam W4PK