[3830] NA Sprint CW N9RV HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 5 09:59:13 EST 2017

NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: N9RV
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: N9RV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MT

---------------------

Team: Big Sky Contesters

Comments:

Haven't operated two radio high power since the CQ WW CW.  Had a lot of
inter-station QRM issues, especially 20/40.  Considered going one radio but
apparently my brain has forgotten how to do that.  I ended up going to 80 much
earlier than usual to dodge the problem -- 20 was still producing.

Activity seemed OK here.  Had a lot of multiplier luck.  I was out of synch
with KH6TU for the whole contest, but he called me on the back end of a couplet
on 80 when I had the 4 square aimed at California.  Couldn't raise W7ZRC on 20
but ID ended up being pretty easy on the low bands.  Got VE6EX to come back to
a CQ after hearing him out of synch on 80 and almost thought I wasn't going to
get the Q because of a computer issue on his end.

Lots of snow in western MT!  Spent the afternoon skiing and it was fantastic!