[3830] NA Sprint CW W1WBB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 5 14:51:02 EST 2017

NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: W1WBB
Operator(s): W1WBB
Station: W1WBB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: W1

---------------------

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

Rough outing (with no practice since Sept '16 Sprint) but minor macro tweaks to
F-keys and trying use of non-ESM N1MM+ mode (just for Sprint) worked great.
Some tuner issues to my doublet at times caused some delays.

Bands just not very good from here -- vy weak sigs (and few mults) on 20m
(where I started) except W6.  The 50 mins spent there was too long.  Then never
got much traction on 40m, missing out on many jump balls to HP guys and having
too many unanswered CQs.  Only 11 QSOs on 40m in last two hours tells the (bad)
story.  Decent success on 80m but band was noisy.  Disappointing hourly rates:
30/42/28/33.

Happy to get new mults KH6 (early on 20m) and later DC with NN3RP calling in
with serial #1!  Worked two ZF's back-to-back late!!  MANY missing routine
mults  like MN, MO, ME, AL, AR, much of W7, and most of VE (just VE3 & VE5
in log).  Some regular Thurs nite Sprinters were heard but missed out on (like
N3BB!) as well.

*Always* a fun 4 hours ... just forgettable results this time around -- esp.
after breaking 7k pts post log-checking in the last NA Sprint CW.

Icom 706 MKIIG @ 100w to 88' doublet up 40+ ft. between trees; Hexbeam @ 32 ft.
on 20m; N1MM+ Logger and K1EL WinKeyer USB interface