[3830] XE RTTY AB1J LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 6 13:59:02 EST 2017

Mexico RTTY International Contest

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Waltham MA
Operating Time (hrs): 10:40

   80:   28     4
   40:   17     5
Total:  159    53  Total Score = 21,571

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I worked this contest into other weekend activities,
primarily as preparation for the WPX-RTTY next
weekend. I didn't mean to get hooked in, but I'm a
RTTY addict. Not a recovering addict, either.

There was more activity than I expected but not
enough  Mexican stations showed up and very few XE
states were represented. I don't know if I've worked
all the Mexican states over the years. I need to
look at my master log sometime to figure that out.

One humorous thing happened.  On 80m I worked
W1JXN in the Vermont QP in Chittenden County,
abbreviation CHI, which is the same as Chiapas
state in Mexico so N1MM+ gulped it up without
protest.

I X-QSO'ed this and a couple other stations I worked
which weren't in the contest.

I look forward to seeing everyone again in the
WPX-RTTY. Thanks for the Q's.

73,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500