[3830] RTTY WPX WT2P SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 12 20:41:42 EST 2017

CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: WT2P
Operator(s): WT2P
Station: WT2P

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IL

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Fun contest! Last year I missed Friday night but this year I was ready to go
right at the start and didn't let up until early Saturday AM. Missed both
mornings since I stayed on the air pretty late both nights.
Friday night I didn't have my 80M dipole up, so it was tough sledding using the
160 sloper. Installed the 80M dipole Saturday right after sunset and it made a
difference. Next time I need to make sure to have everything up and running
beforehand. Missed a lot of stuff on 80M Friday.

Watching AB9YC and KB9BIB on cqcontest.net kept me going.

SO2R in RTTY is exciting -- just point and click on the relevant radio. The
downside to SO2R with wires on a city lot is the interactions between bands and
a lot of noise generated. Hopefully i'll get that solved this spring.

Stats:
126 run Q's, 341 s&p
368 Radio 1 Q's, 99 Radio 2 Q's
Best Hour: 46Q 0200Z (2/11)

Radios:
R1: IC-7300, R2: KX3+KXPA100

73,
WT2P

PS: One annoyance I did have with the 7300 is the semi loud fan that comes on
every time the radio goes into transmit. However, did not have any overheating
issues, which is nice.