[3830] RTTY WPX NK7U(@K7JR) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 12 20:46:54 EST 2017

CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: NK7U
Operator(s): K7ZS K7NNA KT7E KR7X
Station: K7JR

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 26
Remote Operation

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Another operation for the Snake River Remote Contest Club. We were going to go
Multi/2 but due to some radio issues,one of the K3's was sent to Elecraft
before the contest so we ended up as Multi/Single High Power. The only real
issue was with getting operators to run the station remotely in Baker City.
Ended up with 4 of us for the test but it was a relaxed operation and all who
wanted to operate had as much or little seat time as they wanted.

We opted to use Joe's call for this test for the prefix value in lieu of K7JR,
NK7U just is better for WPX.

Bands on Friday were marginal but picked up as the contest went along. Made no
attempt at 10 meters at all. SRRCC team thanks all who stopped by with a call
and looks forward to ARRL DX CW next week.

Ciao and 73
Hank / KR7X for SRRCC