[3830] RTTY WPX VE4VT SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 13 07:42:12 EST 2017

CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: VE4VT
Operator(s): VE4VT
Station: VE4VT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

I had planned to do a serious 30 hour effort with full SO2R. Work got in the way
friday evening. Saturday I spent several hours trying to resolve why my second
radios antenna, (a steppir vertical) wasn't working. It appears the element is
frozen in place in the retracted position. So I was stuck using a single
radio.

I am not sure how much the second radio would have helped as conditions on 15m
were poor Saturday with things getting a bit better Sunday. It would seem wee
are back to the 2009/2010 type of solar conditions and propagation. The ARRL DX
contest in a ffew weeks could turn into a 3 hour contest.

73 Ed
VE4VT