[3830] RTTY WPX W4VIC SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 13 14:26:29 EST 2017

CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: W4VIC
Operator(s): W4VIC
Station: W4VIC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My yagi stuck pointing South, the director and reflector on the DB-18 did a
wonderful job of curtaining E-W signals transmitted.  Not only weakened my
signal but also made hearing more difficult.  By virtue of high power I was
able to work some EU DX and the SA DX was plentiful!  I couldn't even manage to
land KH6 with the set-up I have.  Got to get that rotor 'fixed.'

PROIII, MicroKeyer II, ACOM 2000A, SteppIR DB-18 @ 50', 80M Inverted
"L" @ 35 feet.

I do like RTTY contesting but didn't have the stamina to keep at it.  Several
long breaks as needed resulted in 15 hours at the job.  Great to hear new
locals in the event and, as usual, all the PVRC crew.  Good job!  Thanks for
the Qs.  73,  Vic, W4VIC