[3830] RTTY WPX YO9HP SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 13 14:40:13 EST 2017

CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: YO9HP
Operator(s): YO9HP
Station: YO9HP

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: KN35BA

Club: CS PETROLUL PLOIESTI

Comments:

I challenged my 2016 result (1400 Q/2.9 M points) and thanks to a different
strategy, even with a worse propagation, I succeeded to overrun it by 200 Q and
1.5 M points. First of all I concentrated my effort on low bands (double
points), then I tried to be more efficient, avoiding the short breaks (20-30
minutes for lunch/dinner) and replacing them with 2-3 hours rest periods. I
reached the maximum of 30 hours around 20:00 UTC and I admit that I could not
resist and I continued for another 1.5 hours, so I will be penalized with zero
points for the last 60 QSO-s and 10 multipliers. With 100 W I did not get good
JA or USA runs, but the EU participation was so high that I never complained
about lack of activity.
It was nice to watch the competition on live score site and I agree with the
voices asking live score to be mandatory …hi.
Thanks everybody for patience and for unavoidable repeats. See you soon! Alex,
YO9HP