[3830] RTTY WPX K7DR SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 14 16:08:34 EST 2017

CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: K7DR
Operator(s): K7DR
Station: K7DR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MI

FTdx3000
135' Inv L (110 ft of it horiz)
WInTest 4.24.0

The tweaks continue with the new house and shack (now here three months)
Worked almost exactly the same number of QSO's, prefixes and points as last
year. 80/40 picked up what I couldn't work on 15/10.

Solved my problem with RF causing my Xfinity X1 cable box to re-boot all the
time. It was a strange problem. The X1 box uses an outboard wall wart in-line
power supply. When I transmitted on 160 even with as little as 25 watts it
caused the voltage regulator in the supply to drop voltage. It was normally at
12.3 VDC, but with RF it would slowly and continuously drop, to at least 5VDC
(Might of have gone all the way to zero if I gave it long enough).