[3830] ARRLDX CW KO7SS SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Feb 18 11:24:23 EST 2017

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KO7SS
Operator(s): KO7SS
Station: KO7SS

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: AZ

  160:    0     0
   10:    3     3
-------------------
Total:  501   242  Total Score = 363,726

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Rig: K3 + 2K-FA
Ant: 2 el Steppir yagi at 35', 80/40 OCF at 35'

I knew from the weather report this was going to be a short contest. Big
snowstorm coming in. 18+ inches of snow predicted Saturday afternoon into
Sunday morning. The wind was already 35 mph when I got to the cabin so I
didn't even put the tower up. Turned the radio off when EU closed Sat AM.

Maybe it would be adventurous to be snowed in at the mountain shack/cabin
25 miles of twisting mountain road from town, but not if you have to get
up at 0600 to go to work on Monday :)

73 Bill KO7SS, at 8100' on Mt Lemmon, AZ