[3830] ARRLDX CW KJ5Y(MM0LID) SOSB/20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 19 15:29:44 EST 2017

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KJ5Y
Operator(s): MM0LID
Station: KJ5Y

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Houston

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:    0     0
   20:  838   112
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  838   112  Total Score = 281,568

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

Well the decision was finally made at the start of the week, to do a single band
20 entry for this one.
A lot of fun. but boy it was crowded!

The station is not complete for all band contesting yet for another few weeks.
GXP antennas are going up to 100' so will be directional on all bands 40 up.

The system this time was as standard. Dipole at 125', Expert 1.3KFA Amp,
TS-590.

If we could count score for US callers too it would have been doubled!
So many called and called. its not just wasting my time, but wasting your own.
If guys are going to participate actively, be a good thing to look at the rules
first.

There were some really strange Power exchanges sent too. im all for speed and
consistency, but some were that confusing it was slowing proceedings down
asking for repeats!

But all in all a good weekend. very enjoyable.
Cut short at 2015z as have to run to work!

Thanks for all the calls and patience.
Thanks to Pat for allowing me use his call for this one and the use of his
station of course.

Thanks to sponsors and organizers.

See you in the next one.. who knows where ill be!

73 Scott
MM0LID