[3830] ARRLDX CW NC6K SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 19 17:21:04 EST 2017

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: NC6K
Operator(s): NC6K
Station: NC6K

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: SDG

  160:    6     5
Total:  686   245  Total Score = 504,210

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Very interesting contest this year. I only operated SO1R, and had to frequently
break away for family obligations. My 2nd antenna was QRT, but still made a lot
of contadcts, picked up at least one ATNO, had a lot of fun. I even loaded up my
SteppIR's 80 M dipole on 160 for a short time and worked 5 countries.

Conditions today (Sunday) were very different than yesterday, and compared to
recent contests. A lot of auroral flutter from most EU stations, and even some
on W0 and VE stations. 10 M was open nicely on this side of the planet, perhaps
Es? I made 46 Qs/19 countries on the band, and this was the longest opening I've
seen in a few months.

Had to quit about 2 hours early for another family social event, but I've
pretty much worked everyone that I can hear at this point.