[3830] ARRLDX CW K4OWR SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 19 18:21:04 EST 2017

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K4OWR
Operator(s): K4OWR
Station: K4OWR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TN

   10:    7     7
-------------------
Total:  250   250  Total Score = 187,500

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Since I can't really play with the big boys I decided to only work new
multipliers.The bands were very "odd". Working Israel in the
afternoon on 40 was a surprise, as was Guam on 15 with no other Pacific
stations to be found at the time. Ten was sort of open with most signals about
1 Db. above ESP. Not being able to operate 160 because my antenna was
temporarily lowered was a huge mistake that likely cost me at least 25
mults....sigh