[3830] ARRLDX CW WN4AFP SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 19 18:57:52 EST 2017

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: WN4AFP
Operator(s): WN4AFP
Station: WN4AFP

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0
Total:  410   202  Total Score = 247,854

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

WOW! That was fun... 100% S&P in this race... I missed a few openings on 40m
which hurt my score, but I had a blast. An interesting moment on 40m at 23:15..
I was standing in line to work CN8KD. The pile was huge, but I called for 10+
mins. I gave up and just gave the dial a spin up to the top of the cw bands.
The dial stopped right on CN8WW calling CQ and made contact...very strange.. I
picked up several new counties including Jordan, South Cook Islands and San
Andres. Running an IC-751 75w to wires at 10-15'. 73s Dave WN4AFP