[3830] ARRLDX CW KB0EO SOSB/40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 19 19:07:19 EST 2017

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KB0EO
Operator(s): KB0EO
Station: KB0EO

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: Minnesota
Operating Time (hrs): 5:50

Total:  157    84  Total Score = 39,564

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

It was 60 degrees outside this weekend - difficult to sit inside and put in much
time. I decided to concentrate on 40 meters to free me up during the daylight
hours.

My target was 100 countries and 50,000 points - fell short on both counts -
probably because I didn't hit it that hard...

The highlight was working XV1X on Sunday morning - very light copy, but beat
out the west coast crowd. I spotted him on the cluster and saw that a few other
MN stations worked him after.

There were two odd power abbreviations: PV8ADI sent RR and V43Z sent TTT - N1MM
logging software accepted both - not sure what they mean.

Not my favorite format, but got in a few licks none the less.

73,

Dan - KB0EO
Northfield, MN