[3830] ARRLDX CW W1HIS SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 19 19:21:06 EST 2017

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W1HIS
Operator(s): W1HIS
Station: W1HIS

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MA

   10:   10     6
-------------------
Total: 1387   364  Total Score = 1,514,604

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Worked the entire contest by S&P'ing (clicking on spots) and sending no
faster than 22 WPM (slower if the other op was sending slower).  This is the
lowest speed I've used in a contest; and I noticed that ops copied my ditty
call more accurately than ever.  I believe that my QSO rate was increased as a
result.  An hour before the end of the contest, I tried running on 40 m and
quit because every calling signal was miserably weak and I had to work too hard
and too long to copy.  Two QRP stations, one 50-W station, and a bunch of LP
stations.  (Why did they all pick on me?)

As usual, used just one wire antenna for all bands, 21 m long and 9 m high.