[3830] ARRLDX CW PJ4X(@PJ4G) M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 19 22:22:13 EST 2017

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: PJ4X
Operator(s): G4XUM K1QX N0VD PJ4LS W1MD WA3LRO
Station: PJ4G

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Bonaire

   80: 1252    60
   40: 1917    61
   20: 2129    62
   15: 2045    62
   10: 1023    57
-------------------
Total: 8918   357  Total Score = 9,537,255

Well...That was fun! We decided to try something a little different this
weekend...looking for the 'fun quotient' AND getting plenty of BUTT IN SEAT
time we opted to go M/3 (M/M with only 3 transmitters). It certainly made for
more than enough operating time for all and kept things interesting.

Who knew that at this point in the cycle there would be four bands open and in
good shape...at the same time. :) That was our strategic miss for Saturday
evening. 20m ran until almost midnight, keeping one radio on 40 and the other
running on 80 and working 160 Mults until the 20m position switched over to 160
full time.

I think everyone had a good time. Special thanks to Walt for coming over for
the Saturday evening 'grind'. And thanks to Martin for coming in all the way
from the UK. Kelly and Hans rounded out the team with Craig and I and it made
for a full on weekend of FUN. The station was setup and fully operational
Thursday...with 1 power outage on Friday (1 hour) to give us a bit of the
pre-start jitters (Bad luck for the P40L crew with the power outage).

Congrats to the KH6LC team for a great score from out in the middle of the
PAC.

And thanks to all the US stations for all the Q's. Lots of good operators
heard/worked this weekend.

73,
W1MD for the PJ4X team
Bon Bini