[3830] ARRLDX CW W1UE(@W1KM) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 20 09:10:26 EST 2017

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: W1KM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: ma

   40: 1184    87
   20: 1211    94
Total: 4104   408  Total Score = 5,023,296

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

That was fun!  The pileups never seemed to end!

I had 2 goals precontest: 4000 Qs, and 400 mults, and I made both!  The last 20
minutes of the contest, I was limping along on Duel CQing on 80/40, but I could
see that I was going to come up just short of the 5Meg figure.  The rate I was
getting just wasn't going to produce 30Qs in 20 minutes, so I took the chance
and switched to 20M, found 4 new mults and sealed the claimed 5M figure!  Sure,
I won't finish after log checking with 5Meg, but it was nice to make it anyway!

Congrats to N5DX and K1ZZ, who both posted great scores.  Looking at their
scores against mine, I have to find a way to gather a few more mults.  This dog
will just have to learn a few new tricks!

Thanks to Greg W1KM for the use of his great station.

Dennis W1UE