[3830] ARRLDX CW N1UR SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 20 19:24:57 EST 2017

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N1UR
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: N1UR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VT

   40: 1060    86
   20: 1153   101
Total: 3549   416  Total Score = 4,401,135

Another fun contest.  I was making lots of people happy as
I was probably the only running station from VT this year.

Conditions were about as expected.  Better than last year
on 160 - 40.  20 and 15M closing early with less and less
JA.  In fact - none heard on 15M and not much of a run to
JA on 20M either. 10M was even worse than feared.

2014 LP score was about the same as my 2017 HP score this
year.  I had 838 Qs and 93 mults on 10M that 2014 year.

2015 HP had about 900 Qs more than this year and 40 more
mults.  I literally made 900 more Qs on 10 but had 70 more
mults so I did better on the other bands to make up for it.
Score was about 2 Million points higher in 2015

2016 HP was pretty much the same score as this year.  Better
Qs and less mults.  The mult difference on 160 - 40 was not
enough to erase the deficit on 10. Better night time Qs this
year though.

Hoping for an even quiter atmosphere next few years to bolster
160 - 40.

Everything worked great this year.  This is the second year that
winter season reliability has been better.  There was almost 3
feet of snow on the ground last weekend.

Way to many dupes as more and more people are chasing the bandmap
and not listening.  I was pleased that there did not seem to be
too much waiting time for calls on the DX side.  A few "?" or
"CL"
seemed to get a response.

Its amazing to see N2IC's JA numbers.  I had a total of 35 JAs call
me during 20M CQing.  None on 40M with a few attempts.  Might have
been able to around 11Z on 40M but 20M to EU is just too good to be
doing that at 11Z from W1.

As usual, the SA and Pacific activty was poor for this contest.  Both
tend to be a little better for the SSB version.

Nice to get a few rare mult call ins from Afric and Indian Ocean.  That
is always a thrill.  A couple of UA0 call ins on 20 and 40 which was
also nice.  No VU, HS, YB, VK call ins unfortunately.

See you all in the SSB version.

73

Ed  N1UR