[3830] ARRLDX CW ZM2B(ZL2BR) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 20 23:44:25 EST 2017

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: ZM2B
Operator(s): ZL2BR
Station: ZM2B

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Taranaki

Total:  882   143  Total Score = 378,378

Despite the poor SFI, it was nice to enjoy a good rate for first hour on 15m,
then as prop changed it really slowed down on 15m then 20m for a few hours
until 40m opened to NA. Had some excellent rates on 40m until 1400utc when my
body said I needed some sleep. My assistant operator Henry, wasn't a starter to
take over, but hey he's only a cat.

An hour or so after sunrise 15m was very productive, until I had to take a few
hours off to attend a Scouting event. Sunday evening on 40m was nothing like
Saturday evening and when I ran out of new stations to work, I went to bed.

Again on Monday morning 15m was very productive plus I manage to work few new
mid-west and east coast mults on 20m long path.

Again as the norm these days, main-made noise (or prehaps this should now be
called person-made noise) was a big big problem here in civilized suburbia with
S9+10 on 80m and S7 on 40m on my IC-7600 (pre-amps off). It's hard to believe
that a few years ago it was possible to make up 200 contacts on 80m in this
contest

Set-up:
IC-7600, C-3SS yagi, 15m GP @ 6m, 80m inv vee dipole @ 14m.

73, Frank