[3830] ARRLDX CW W3DQ M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 21 15:37:22 EST 2017

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W3DQ
Operator(s): W3DQ W2CDO
Station: W3DQ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Washington, DC

Total:  972   308  Total Score = 898,128

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This is the third year we've done this M/S with two ops, me and Peter, W2CDO.
Peter runs and does days, while I do the overnights and S&P.

Our goal was 1000 Q's / 1 million points.

We were going great guns through Sunday AM, when I got a call about a death in
the family. That shut us down at 20 hours, just under 1000 Q's.

Even though we didn't make any Q's on 10, the bands were good overall. No
equipment failures, although we did fry a GFCI two floors above the shack and
had some (mild) RFI issues.

We will be back for the phone 'test!

73,
Eric W3DQ