[3830] NAQP RTTY W5/MM0LID(@KJ5Y) Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Feb 25 22:02:13 EST 2017

North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: W5/MM0LID
Operator(s): MM0LID
Station: KJ5Y

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Houston
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5
Remote Operation

   40:    0     0
   20:  258    46
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  277    62  Total Score = 17,174

Club: DFW Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

Well this was the first time i have participated in the RTTY part of NAQP.
A lot of fun.
Stumped to play QRP in this one. I knew i would be in for a challenge, but
things looked up when i could actually hold a run frequency at the top end of
the band and have steady rates.

Originally was just going to play on 20m, but when i saw the score climbing i
knew i needed more mults to make it worthwhile.
Unfortunately there is no antenna for 40 at this time and just a low hung 80m
dipole could be used there..
Was a tough task to even get the 19 Q's there! too earlier, noisy and virtually
zero power doesn't help ( but thanks to everyone who had patience to pull me
out)

20 was really great. missed quite a few "easy" states. Concentrated
on running instead of S&P and battling with QRP in the piles.

All in all. good fun.
Lost the will to live before i finished up as i was getting nowhere fast on
80.

Thanks to the contest organizers and sponsors.
Thanks to Pat KJ5Y again for letting me have the run of his station.

See you guys in the next one.

73 Scott
MM0LID