[3830] NAQP RTTY KR1ST Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 26 01:50:24 EST 2017

North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: KR1ST
Operator(s): KR1ST
Station: KR1ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 7:24

   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  337    80  Total Score = 26,960

Club:

Team: Swamp Foxes

Comments:

Rig: IC-7300
Pwr: 100W
Ant: two 132ft doublets (DXE, with DXE baluns) at 50 feet
Tnr: MFJ-993B
Swr: N1MM+

After 10 QSO's I had to shut down for 4 hours because of a tornado warning, and
very heavy thunderstorms that just would not let up. This resulted in not being
able to work 20m and up much, leaving many Q's and mults on the table.

I like the NA QP format where you can only operate 10 out of the 12 hours. That
leaves you with plenty of weekend left to take care of things. The 100W limit
adds an interesting dimension to the contest.

I really would like to try SO2R someday.

73,
--Alex KR1ST