[3830] SCQP WW4SF/GVIL(WN4AFP) Single Op FixedMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 26 05:43:33 EST 2017

South Carolina QSO Party

Call: WW4SF/GVIL
Operator(s): WN4AFP
Station: WW4SF/GVIL

Class: Single Op FixedMixed LP
QTH: SC

  160:
   80:   54     34
   40:  101    148
   20:   31      5
----------------------------
Total:  186    187      0  Mults = 91  Total Score = 96,073

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

The 2017 SCQP is over, but it's just Halftime during the Carolina Weekend...The
NCQP starts at 15z Sunday! As the SCQP Team Leader, I am thankful to all who
participated both on-air and behind the scenes to make this year's contest on
of the best ever. I must especially thank our amazing mobile operators for
keeping the going from beginning to the end. I had the opportunity of operating
WW4SF on of the two Bonus Stations from Greenville county. I'll say it too...
the band conditions weren't the best in the world on the high bands, but the
low bands made up for it. I had a blast 'running' in this contest. I worked 31
states, 27 SC counties and 7 countries. My highest 10 minute Q/hour rate was
180, with 102 for 30 mins and 75 for 60 mins. Due to the band conditions, I was
constantly seeking the best possible band and mode to provide the most Qs
possible. As usual, my favorite band 40m was magical once again with 249 Qs.
While I was making a band or mode change, I would work the out-of-state 'run'
stations. I also had a few mins to listen around the bands and I heard many SC
stations competing in this one. Based upon initial data, all of the SC counties
were on the air! Our spotter page worked very well and it helped all of us make
a few more contacts. I did have several stations that worked me more than 3
times.. KI0I, OM2VL, W4JL, WB8WKQ and N4ARO. Interestingly, everyone I worked
had at least two contacts with me. My mix of CW and Phone activity was evenly
divided, which was an interesting stat. One player who kept me very busy, was
OM2VL, Laci, who was very proactive in working me and all the SC stations. It
was great to work many of my QP friends and the opportunity to make new
contacts during the event. Special thanks to Dave, NJ4F for allowing me to use
the WW4SF Swamp Fox Contest Group club callsign for this event. Thanks again
for making the 2017 SCQP a success. Please join us next year! 73s Dave WN4AFP.

Rig: IC-751 75w to 80/40 dipoles at 10' and G5RV Jr. at 15'.