[3830] CQ160 SSB WA3EKL Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 26 20:28:04 EST 2017

CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: WA3EKL
Operator(s): WA3EKL K0OO KB3VQC N3DPB KG4USN
Station: WA3EKL

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: MD

Total:  QSOs = 363  State/Prov = 47  Countries = 11  Total Score = 50,460

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

>From the contest crew at WA3EKL.  160 was reasonably quiet except for some
static crashes.  The three element, triangular, low impedance, short vertical
receiving array heard extremely well and out preformed the five element BOG
array completely.  We had a minimal crew with great food, achieved our desired
“score goal” and everybody had a great time.

 I can not let this go without taking note that LEW GORDON K4VX became a silent
key in the middle of this contest. Lew was a strong supporter of contesting and
all things Ham Radio. Our thoughts go out to Teri NS0Z and the rest of the
household.

 See you in the pile ups next weekend.

73

the WA3EKL CONTESTING TEAM