[3830] SCQP K4HQK Single Op FixedMixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 26 22:38:02 EST 2017

South Carolina QSO Party

Call: K4HQK
Operator(s): K4HQK
Station: K4HQK

Class: Single Op FixedMixed HP
QTH: Alexandria, VA

   40:   10     16
----------------------------
Total:   24     16      0  Mults = 25  Total Score = 2,600

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

With limited time to participate I enjoyed working my home state (native of
Barnwell, SC) but was disappointed there wasn't more activity on 80m and 40m,
the appropriate bands distance-wise from my Virginia QTH. Heard several CW
stations in rare SC counties operating S&P rather than running, making them
inaccessible. Late afternoon we had a whopper cold front come through and light
up the bands with ear-splitting QRN.

Equipment:
Icom 7410
Ameritron ALS-600 amplifier