[3830] CQ160 SSB HB9CA Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 27 11:11:32 EST 2017

CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: HB9CA
Operator(s): HB9CAT HB9DUR HB9BUN HB9ELV HB9EMP
Station: HB9CA

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Letzi

Total:  QSOs = 898  State/Prov = 26  Countries = 66  Total Score = 439,668

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

Based on the experiences collected in this year's CW section we were facing the
challenge to improve RX in the short term: we've extended the Northwest
Beverage to reach 350m.
That paid off indeed: this time NW signals on the Beverage were clearly better
than on the Vertical, so while conditions were poor to average we had a good
opening during the 2nd night and reached 26 States.
A big thank you to all the Team, but to all DX-Cluster spotters as well: unlike
CW, in this low-rate contest being spotted by someone becomes critical.

Maybe time to legalize self spotting to reduce the gap to RBN-based assisted CW
? That would surely boost motivation and very likely increase scores.

Marco HB9CAT