[3830] RTTY Roundup K3MM SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 8 22:00:10 EST 2017

ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K3MM
Operator(s): K3MM
Station: K3MM

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MD

Total:  498  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 41  Total Score = 46,314

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Just put in a few hours to work on getting my chops back and the last few bugs
out of the station setup and computer settings.  I was mostly successful ;)
Confirmed some antenna issues that will probably have to wait until Spring.
Could have run faster, but was having too much fun working the EU's out of the
mud and QRM on 80 Saturday night.  My "newer" dual-core W7 computers
worked great compared to my old XP Pentium 4 machines.  Ran 4 deooders:  MMTTY
as the TX front end, 2 2-Tones with different settings, and Gritty 1.3.  I'd
have to say Gritty was the overall winner, probably mostly due to it's
aggressive "reverse processing", with selective 2Tone a very close
2nd and both clearly better than MMTTY. However, none was best every time.  I
found it hard to watch 4 decoder windows trying to figure out the real weak
ones, but it was more fun that way!  Looking forward to the next one!

Ty K3MM