[3830] RTTY Roundup K5NZ Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 9 08:25:55 EST 2017

ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K5NZ
Operator(s): K5NZ
Station: K5NZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: stx
Operating Time (hrs): 12:40

Total:  617  State/Prov = 51  Countries = 18  Total Score = 42,573

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I told K5GA 17 years ago, watch RTTY will be the new CW. Great rates and
challenge for pros, no CW speed intimidation for the rookies, always ways to
improve your skills, what a great mode for all to enjoy without the ear smoking
mess SSB contesting has become!  Thanks to all those that improved software,
hardware and tutorials for this mode to make it what is it today!

Still a few unruly callers and sending exchange before they are answered but
maybe they just need a little mentoring.

Imagine how much fun the RU will be when we have some sunspots!

Nice to visit with K0RC, K6NR during the contest.  Great job by K5MXG with a
OCF dipole! Perfect example of a new contester honing contest skills with RTTY
while building code speed to be confident in CW contests.  Within a few Q's and
Mults, same time on and I had a yagi for 20!  Pretty impressive!