[3830] RTTY Roundup K9CT Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 9 09:57:13 EST 2017

ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IL

Total: 1520  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 64  Total Score = 182,400

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Family entertainment overrode the contest plans so this is not the ideal 20
hours and I probably would have operated 24 hours under different situation. I
missed 5 hours Saturday early evening that would have been prime time.

This was a lot of fun. It really never slowed down much. SO2R makes this a joy
and the Flex 6700 with Maestro makes band awareness easy. There were always 2
bands open. Picking one to run was the main decision. Interesting that my best
rate hour was 1700Z on Sunday!

Some stations were worked on 10m but only picked up one mult there. 20m seemed
to be the best and was open all directions. I had some LP DX call in as well!
Often the easiest way to run was with dipoles on 80 and 40. Lots of NA with a
sprinkling of DX now and then. 20m opened early Sunday to EU and was pretty
good most of the day.

I missed ND and a few VE provinces. There were 43 JA in the log....mostly 20m
later on Sunday at their SR. 15 and 10 were mostly NA stations and a few SA/CA.

All in all a very good contest and a lot of fun. Thanks for all the QSOs...and
see you soon in NAQP.

73, Craig K9CT