[3830] RTTY Roundup KH6BE Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 9 15:31:10 EST 2017

ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KH6BE
Operator(s): KH6BE
Station: KH6BE

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Hawaii

Total:  26  State/Prov = 12  Countries = 2  Total Score = 364

5W FT-817ND, Buddipole vertical dipole, N1MM+

Operating QRP portable from the mid-Pacific is not good for RTTY, but it is all
I have, and I wanted to experience the Roundup for the first time (I never
operated RTTY in my first ham career pre-1999).

The radio, antenna, software, and soundcard all performed well, but contacts
were difficult to make in the mediocre band conditions on 15 and 20. I
concentrated on working the strongest stations, and had occasional successes in
getting heard.

Can't wait to try this mode someday with some power and a directional antenna.
It must be great fun to run a frequency or work SO2R!