[3830] NAQP CW W8FN Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 15 12:37:28 EST 2017

North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: W8FN
Operator(s): W8FN
Station: W8FN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NTX
Operating Time (hrs): 10:00

   15:   17     7
Total:  733   161  Total Score = 118,013

Club: DFW Contest Group

Team: DFWCG Bock

Comments:

Despite poor conditions, this one went pretty well. As expected, 20 was the
workhorse band. 40 was less productive than expected. 80 and 160 were
excellent, even with my crummy antennas. 80 actually sounded like 40 and 160
sounded like 80. I ended up with over 100 fewer QSOs than last year's version,
but that likely reflects both the poorer conditions and my substandard antenna
farm.

This was my first serious effort with the new K-Pods installed on the K3s.
Moving the most-used K3 functions to the remotes really reduced effort.

Thanks to all for the QSOs. See you in the August running.

73...
Randy, W8FN