[3830] NAQP CW K9DJT Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 15 13:55:01 EST 2017

North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K9DJT
Operator(s): K9DJT
Station: K9DJT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WI

   15:   23     4
Total:  369   123  Total Score = 45,387

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team:

Comments:

I had been practicing copying call signs with a couple of different programs for
this contest.  My goal was to "run" instead of doing my normal
"S&P".  Well, things don't always go as planned.  I started
calling CQ at 20 wpm and began receiving some receiving calls.  The calls signs
were no problem to copy, but when it came to the exchange of a name closely
followed by a state, I lost it.  My brain went to mush as soon as I paused.  I
just wasn't able to sort things out quickly enough.  Especially with multiple
stations calling.  So I reverted back to S&P for the remainder of the
contest. I still had fun while realizing I still need to continue practicing.

73, Gary
K9DJT