[3830] NAQP CW W9QL Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 15 15:07:14 EST 2017

North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: W9QL
Operator(s): W9QL
Station: W9QL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL

   15:    7     1
Total:  251    93  Total Score = 23,343

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC 1010

Comments:

Lost one end of my G5RV last week during the coldest weather we have had in a
while. I was not sure I'd be able to facilitate repairs in time for the
contest. Thanks to my friend John, K9IJ, for supplying replacement UV resistant
rope. I was able to get the antenna back up at about the 25 foot level. Not
optimal, but permanent repairs will have to wait until the weather improves. I
was able to get 7 hours in. Band conditions didn't seem all that great but my
lower antenna may have been partly to blame. Even got a few mults on 160 dialed
back to 3 watts (which is all my antenna will allow). See you next week for
SSB.

Dave
W9QL
FTdx5000MP with a slightly lower G5RV