[3830] NAQP SSB N7MZW Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 22 02:01:14 EST 2017

North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: N7MZW
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7MZW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WY
Operating Time (hrs): 10 Hrs

  160:    0     0
   15:    1     1
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  606    79  Total Score = 47,874

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: GM Gold Miners

Comments:

I can't imagine the bands getting much worse than they were for this contest,
but it would have been even more painful without my first beam which will now
augmment my G5RV for future contesting efforts.Kenwood TS-940S-AT, G5RV up 50
feet, running N-S, Cushcraft MA5B Mini-Beam installed two days ago on roof at
25 feet, Heil BM-10. 40 and 80 QRN was BAD! 63% of Q's were on 20 meters,34% on
40,and 3% were on 80 meters.ONE contact was made on 15 meters.I never heard a
soul on 10 meters.Beam was pointed EAST for 99% of use.CA comprised 26% of all
Q's,so perhaps I should have pointed it West instead of East.No haters in this
one,and I never got run off of my run frequency.Should have gone to 40 sooner,
but was enjoying decent rates on 20 with my first beam.Thanks to the GMCC
Club,for letting this small pistol station play on a Big Boy Team.
NOVEMBER SEVEN MANY ZEBRAS WALKING