[3830] NAQP SSB W6YX(N7MH) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 22 03:21:44 EST 2017

North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): N7MH
Station: W6YX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA

  160:   20     6
   10:    3     1
-------------------
Total:  951   161  Total Score = 153,111

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team #1

Comments:

Apologies to anyone I QRMed in the first few minutes of the contest. Both my
radios had the RX Ant selected but the switch didn't have any antenna selected.
I thought the bands were really dead since there were only a few signals on the
panadapter. Once I started listening on the TX antennas I realized my
"clear" run frequencies were really busy.

The first half of the contest went fairly well other than 10 meters having no
propagation. If I'd known how bad 80 would be I would have saved all my
off-time for the last few hours. 80 started to get better in the final half
hour of the contest but I think many had already gone QRT by then.

73,
-Mike, N7MH