[3830] NAQP SSB WN4AFP Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 22 09:41:07 EST 2017

North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: WN4AFP
Operator(s): WN4AFP
Station: WN4AFP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  164    65  Total Score = 10,660

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Team: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Another SSB NAQP in the books... I never could really 'get into' this contest,
so my part-time effort was really part-time. No on hours worked, but how I
worked them. S&P 95%.. tried to run on 40m a few times with less than
desired results... Nothing on 10, 15 and 160 for me this time.... I did have a
few interesting moments in the race... I worked "Bubbles" (VE9AA) and
"Bubba" (AB4B)... I busted through the huge ZF2PG pile-up on 40m... I
worked 4U1WB to pick up that rare DC mult... and I made a new contact with a
fellow ham in Greenville, SC for my 20m SC mult... It was great to work many CW
guys during the contest too.. Thanks to all of you who heard my calls. Rig:
IC-751 G5RVJr at 5' on high bands with dipoles at 10' on low bands... 73s Dave
WN4AFP