[3830] NAQP SSB WQ6X(@W7AYT) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 23 04:35:21 EST 2017

North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: W7AYT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Concord, Ca.

  160:    0     0
   80:    8     4
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  140    63  Total Score = 8,820

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

This weekend's NAQP operation was the contest that never quite made it.
WQ6X's operation from W7AYT's QTH was plagued by intensively slow QSB along
with incessant solar noise.  10 meters never happened at this QTH and 15 meters
was as poor as last weekend.  While I was able to tune the vertical on 160,
unlike last weekend no one was able to hear me.
Running SO2V helped put considerably more QSOs in the log but could not help me
overcome the poor space WX conditions.
You can read the writeup on this contest at WQ6X's Contest Blog:
http://wq6x.blogspot.com/2017/01/wq6x-survives-space-wx-to-run-naqp-ssb.html