[3830] CQ160 CW WT2P Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 29 13:58:02 EST 2017

CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: WT2P
Operator(s): WT2P
Station: WT2P

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL

Total:  QSOs = 335  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 3  Total Score = 39,856

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

WOW!
Definitely beat last year's score by a mile. Personal best on 160!

Started late on Friday and by the time I went to bed I was at 175 contacts. I
was hoping for 50-100 the first night. Saturday night was absolutely fun as the
state boxes just kept getting filled in.

Only states/sections missed were ME, DC, WY, AK, HI. Had ND and NE call me
while CQ'ing early Sunday morning local time. As for DX 3 stations were new
ones for me on 160: PJ2T called me while running, worked CN2AA and KP2M. CN2AA
was the highlight of the contest for me.

My goal was originally to get to 200 Q's and call it quits. I'm glad I didn't
and stayed in the chair Saturday night/Sunday AM as sitting there running
turned out to be VERY productive in terms of getting new states in the log.

175 S&P qso, 160 run qso.

Late start Friday was due to me wiring up cables for the new YCCC SO2R box and
getting rid of the old hardware/keying stuff. Much neater setup. At times I was
also in the BARTG RTTY sprint in one ear/computer and CQ160 in the other
ear/computer. SO2Contest!

If conditions are good I may get on for the last hour of the contest.

73,
WT2P

Radio: KX3, KXPA100, PX3
Antenna: 160 reduced half sloper @ 45' (sloping SE)