[3830] CQ160 CW NQ4I(VE7ZO) Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 29 15:18:40 EST 2017

CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: NQ4I
Operator(s): VE7ZO
Station: NQ4I

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: GA

Total:  QSOs = 1329  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 62  Total Score = 529,617

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Nice way to spend an enjoyable weekend on Top Band.  Thanks to Rick for setting
up a workable SO2 operating position amongst all of the equipment changes
occurring as the NQ4I station is re-tooled to a M2/MS footprint.

Conditions were decent on both days with conditions steadily improving as the
weekend progressed.  Signals were strong domestically with good activity from
all regions.  Oddly, WA was the last state worked on Saturday and it took the
second day to find MB.  DX openings were fleeting without any strong signals to
report so vigilance on the second radio helped the multiplier count.

The local power line noise has risen significantly around the NQ4I qth in the
last several years however there is work underway by W4DD helping NQ4I to
correct these issues.  The receiving 4 square worked well but the remaining
beverages were quieter.  The EU beverage was missed and so thanks to all the EU
stations for the many repeats, not all of which were successful.

Re- signal levels, CN2AA was strong throughout the weekend and the first DX
worked.  All other AF contacts were also in Z33.  EU activity was high as
expected but the signals never really peaked so missed MI0, MW5, GJ and other
stations that were active.  Oceania seemed well represented with A35, E51 being
welcome mults.

Thanks for the Q's and the patience.  Look for NQ4I in select future contests
as the antennas optimization progresses during the summer.

Jim VE7ZO