[3830] CQ160 CW KD4D(@W3LPL) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 29 17:46:48 EST 2017

CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: KD4D
Operator(s): KD4D
Station: W3LPL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD

Total:  QSOs = 949  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 46  Total Score = 307,650

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I want to thank Frank and Phyllis Donovan for letting me use the W3LPL station
(located in their basement) for this contest.  It was great fun getting to use
the various receive antennas - they got a workout this weekend.

W3LPL 160 Meter Station: Two K3 transceivers with lockouts to prevent
simultaneous xmit
4-square transmitting and receiving array, using 40 meter high verticals
8-circle W8JI/W5ZN/N4HY passive receiving array, 105 meters in diameter
Three 580 foot Beverage antennas: NE, South and West

The station also includes a 3-1000Z 1500 watt output monoband amplifier shared
by the two transmitters which was bypassed for this weekend:

Saturday night was fun - Friday was frustrating.  Friday night I could hear
Europe, but the running stations mostly couldn't hear me. Efforts to run Europe
Friday night yielded only a few QSOs.  Saturday night was much better, starting
about 11:00PM local time and continuing through sunrise in most of Europe.

I worked 99 ten point contacts (almost all Europe and almost all Saturday
night) this weekend.

No Alaska, Labrador, Northern Canadian provinces or Alaska.  Nothing west of
Hawaii.

I set up Frank's 160 meter position for SO2R.  I thought I had fixed the
computer I brought with me, but it suffered two "Blue Screens of
Death" - one Friday night and one Saturday during the day.  I spend some
of my break Saturday configuring two of Frank's computers to run N1MM Plus and
replaced it.  One of the K3s had a failure and was replaced.

Thanks for all the QSOs.  Hourly rates and QSO counts by country and
state/province follow.

73 and thanks for the QSOs,

Mark, KD4D

Day             Hr      QSOs