[3830] CQ160 CW VE9CB Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 29 20:03:14 EST 2017

CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VE9CB
Operator(s): VE9CB
Station: VE9CB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: New Brunswick

Total:  QSOs = 804  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 45  Total Score = 469,710

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Well, that was fun.

The first night, Europeans were clearly audible, but not very strong and hard
to work.  After a day of work and other distractions, it was hard to spend more
than a few hours.  The second night, the path to Europe was much better, and it
was a lot more fun to stay up through European sunrise.

>From 2000 to 2200 GMT on Sunday, again, Europeans were quite audible, but hard
to work.

The only Provinces and States I missed were Saskatchewan, DC, Nebraska, Alaska
and Hawaii.  I missed Nunavut, NWT and Yukon, but that's a pretty common
story.

My antenna is a 90ft tall inverted L with two elevated radials.  My rig is an
FTdx-5000 with TL-922 amplifier.