[3830] CQ160 CW F6GOX Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 30 15:20:22 EST 2017

CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: F6GOX
Operator(s): F6GOX
Station: F6GOX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: France
Operating Time (hrs): 29h38

Total:  QSOs = 836  State/Prov = 32  Countries = 60  Total Score = 427,984

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Each contest is like " Groundhog Day" movie. It is never the end and
you can try each year to again play the same game !

Expected better operating, technical system and strategy are possible !

Even with poor weather conditions this weekend (rain, statics and wind) and no
low band receive antenna.

I am so happy because the 2017 score is my personnal record ! I am just to
expect if the penalty will be not so big than the last correction, from 350.000
points to 260.000 points in 2015 ! The real life is hard in case of poor cw
operator like I.

As there are plenty of stations on the air in Europe, I decide to start S/P
because it was not easy to find a free QRG. Then later I try to run. So through
the EU battle, three magic NA signals come with VY2ZM, K3ZM and VE2TT around
02z. Then nothing heard in the qrm. Next NA wave comes around 07z with my SR.
K5RX, K5ZO, N5AW were all in TX. Also many thanks for the call from Julio 4M1K
with his good signal in the clear. Then NP2X, P40AA. The third wave at 08z with
KP2M, WD5R. No more 6 US stations during the first night ! So I was despite a
little but also satisfied because my partial score was better than in 2015. A
personnal record was reasonnabily expected.

Saturday SS and evening with no DX as JA/VK/ZL listened this year.

Sunday night was better, with A44A call. States side was a surprising wave
coming from MI at 2254z with W8RT and NK8X. The second wave one hour later with
K9CT, K5RV, K0DI,  VE3Ej, N0NI and many others wave till to K1VR closed my
propagation at 0701z. At the end, it was 72 US stations contacted.

Also many thanks to C6AGU for his call and the new one in cw.

Many thanks for all calls and my apologies for those I could not answer.

Best 73 and see you again in an other contest.

Laurent F6GOX