[3830] RAC Day VE4CDX(VE1RM) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Jul 1 20:24:17 EDT 2017

RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: VE4CDX
Operator(s): VE1RM
Station: VE4EA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MB
Operating Time (hrs): 11:30
Remote Operation

  160:    0      0       0         0
   80:   10      1       5         0
   40:  231    110       8         7
   20:  217     98      12        12
   15:   10      0       1         0
   10:    8      0       2         0
    6:    0      1       0         0
    2:    0      0       0         0
Total:  476    210      28        19  Total Score = 167,696

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

Though I cannot be in Canada for Canada Day, the next best thing is to operate
remote!  VY1AAA/XO1X was in a state of flux so could not be on from there.
Cary, VE4EA, offered me his station.  Located in a city lot in Winnipeg, with a
50-foot tower, a KT-34XA and a trapped dipole for 80/40, with 500W from the K3 +
KPA500.   I was very impressed!   40 meters especially!  Conditions were
generally terrible, but 40 meters Friday night pushed the rate meter in excess
of 200 at times.

Great activity from all the RAC stations -- I believe I worked them all, except
for VY1RAC (caught VY1KX for the mult, though).  Very surprised to work VO2AC on
80 CW!

Thanks for the many QSOs and happy Canada Day!

73,

Gerry, VE4CDX/VE1RM (aka W1VE)