[3830] RAC Day VE4RAC(VE4EAR) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Jul 1 22:10:03 EDT 2017

RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: VE4RAC
Operator(s): VE4EAR
Station: VE4EAR

Class: M/S HP
QTH:

  160:    6       3      4         3
   80:   23      57      5         8
   40:   58     282      9        10
   20:   70     759      9        12
   15:   46      40      5         6
   10:   14       8      5         3
    6:    0       1      0         1
    2:    0       2      0         1
Total:  217    1152     37        44  Total Score = 645,732

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

Work has kep me pretty much off the radio since the end of March so a little
rusty getting started. Reasonable conditions Friday night, not great, but they
could have been far worse. A few static crashes with nearby lightning made
things tough on 80m.

Wasn't planning on using assistance but found myself looking at the VHF
spotting maps hoping for a 6m opening. What they did reveal was that there was
a chance for some 10m sporadic e's and sure enough, it was open. If more people
had checked 10m they may have been surprised. So the use of the maps put me in
the assisted category I guess.

Saturday mid day conditions dipped significantly and rates really slowed.

Thanks to all our US friends for getting on and being active!

Happy summer everyone!

73 Ed VE4EAR