[3830] RAC Day VA3KAI SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 3 09:23:14 EDT 2017

RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: VA3KAI
Operator(s): VA3KAI
Station: VA3KAI

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Perth, ON
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    7      2       2         0
   80:   29     39       4         5
   40:   88     40       8         8
   20:   73     44      10         8
   15:    9      3       2         1
   10:    2      0       1         0
Total:  208    128      27        22  Total Score = 108,388

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Rig : Knwd TS2000 & HamGadgets MasterKeyer MK-1

         Antennas : 270' OCFD (N-S) - 160M-20M;
                    135' OCFD (E-W) - 80M-10M;
                    40M H-SLoop (N) - 20M-10M

          Soapbox : Worked most of contest on/off with many breaks
for storms and a so-so night's sleep. Conditions were pretty good;
but, lots of static crashes on lower bands. Nice to hear so many
Canadian stations and special Cdn. prefixes! Many US stations too.

Frustration was several stations running higher-speed CW and by the
time I got my callsign out once (~20wpm), they were already CQing
again! Tried speeding up keyer and they still had "bad ears" -- I
wasn't the only one who finally gave up!!!

Still, lots of fun in one of my favourite contests!