[3830] IARU K7RL SOAB(A)Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 9 17:49:43 EDT 2017

IARU HF World Championship

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: SOAB(A)Mixed HP
QTH: WA

  160:    17     0      5       1
   80:   146    12     12       8
   40:   486   208     35      24
   20:   667   299     41      39
   15:   169    17     17      11
   10:     3     1      2       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  1488   537    118      83  Total Score = 1,339,455

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Fortunately, stable solar conditions most of the 24 hour period made for some
nice runs. My goal was to break 1 million points and work 2,000 Qs. Check.

I thought going assisted would provide more action, but it didn't seem to help
that much. The majority of mults worked were S&P, and a high number of
those never showed up on my mult list.

Rate was pretty steady most of the time, until about the last few hours. 20m
was the money band with 40m not far behind. At first glance, 15m didn't look
very impressive on my spectrum scope, but a nice opening to NA kept the rate
steady. Did hear a number of big gun EU stations on 15m, but signals were
extremely weak and I couldn't get any attention from most. Also heard a weak
A71HQ but couldn't break their EU and eastern US pileup. The same was true on
40m where most EU signals were marginal at best.

10m was open into zone 7 by mid-morning. K0RF and N3BB were loud, but that was
it. I kept checking for any action throughout the day, but NADA.

VE3EJ and W9RE had very impressive signals on 160m and were easily the loudest
stations beyond zone 6. PJ2HQ also had a nice signal.

Thanks to all for the Qs!

73, Mitch, K7RL