[3830] IARU N1UR SOABCW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 9 18:53:37 EDT 2017

IARU HF World Championship

Call: N1UR
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: N1UR

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: VT

  160:    29    0       6        5
   80:   224    0      16       30
   40:   500    0      26       37
   20:   934    0      31       43
   15:   206    0      17       17
   10:    18    0       3        2
-------------------------------------
Total:  1911    0      99      134  Total Score = 1,592,650

Fun contest.  Lost over an hour - collectively - shutting down for thunderstorm
lines moving through.  I went back through my notes and found only 1 year, in
the past 10, that I didn't lose at least 1 hour for thunderstorm shutdown in
this contest. I don't shut down until the cell is a few miles away and coming
over - hearing the ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIT! is common in this contest.

Took a 45 min nap at 08Z when everything seemed to just come to a halt.  09Z
through the end was quite good with VK/ZL/KH6/W6/7 run on 40M followed by a
good 100 hour on 20M into EU at the end.

Surprisingly opened for 40 mins on 15M to EU.  Then worked a couple 120 hours
on 20M with about 75 JAs in the log.

20 and 40M were excellent.  80M was a slog to EU this year.

Concentrated on EU and took whatever USA/VE came my way.

Thanks for all the Qs.  Lots of fun.

Ed  N1UR